Punjabi Parchar protests govt lethargy for not promoting Punjabi as native language
Mazhar Tirmizi, Parveen Malik, Tariq Jatala, Farhad Iqbal, Diep Saeeda, Khalil Ojhla, Afzal Sahir, Jamil Ahmad Paul, Tauheed Ahmed Chattha and Bilal Kahloon were among those present on the occasion.
They urged the government to begin teaching the language at schools across the province.
They held banners inscribed with slogans calling for the promotion of use of Punjabi.
“The importance of mother tongue is recognised universally,” Punjabi Parchar President Ahmad Raza Punjabi said.
He said Punjabi, on the other hand, had been languishing across all levels.
Addressing those present on the occasion, he said making mother tongue the medium of instruction across primary schools was the need of the hour.
Punjabi alleged that the government had been deliberately striving to render the children of the province ignorant.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022