The man who introduced suicide attacks dies in Afghanistan mine blast
According to daily The News, the dead body of Saif-ur-Rehman Saifi was brought to Pakistan's city of Layyah, where he was laid to rest after funeral prayers.
The militant was also dubbed as the mastermind of the first three suicide blasts that targeted Christian community by former President Pervez Musharraf.
Musharraf in his autobiography “In the line of fire,” mentioned Saifi’s alleged role in the first three suicide attacks pointing out that he was arrested on August 14, 2002. He joined militancy in Layyah, Punjab, at the age of 20 when it was officially declared as Jihad back in 1995 by joining the Harkutul Ansar, now a defunct organisation.
- IHC larger bench discards contempt notice against Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022