MQM ends sit-in outside CM house over water shortage
KARACHI (Web Desk) - The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) on Saturday ended its sit-in in front of Chief Minister (CM) House in Karachi over water shortage in the city.
According to media reports, the police had placed barriers on the roads leading to the CM House. However, the protesters had managed to remove the barricades and hold the sit-in.
Senior MQM leader Khawaja Izhar-ul-Hassan, however, announced an end to the day-long sit-in on Saturday. He warned that if the water problem was not solved in a day, his party would again stage a sit-in in front of Chief Minister House.
Karachi gets just 450 million gallons of water daily against its demand of more than one billion gallons.
Addressing the protesters, MQM leader Muhammad Hussain said: if we can create Pakistan, we can also make a new province by rendering sacrifices,” he said.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020