Can Pakistan use F-16s against India? Deal behind Indo-US outrage revealed
The aerial combat between Pakistan and India after latter's repeated violation of the Line of Control brought the nuclear-armed neighbours to the brink of full-blown war with Pakistan scrambling its aircraft to foil India's nefarious plans.
However, the question of whether Pakistan is permitted to use F-16 against India has been addressed by a social media user who goes by the name Xulfi Moon on Twitter.
"Pakistan Air Force has F-16s in service since 1983. Its conditions of end user agreement as for many other buyers include non-use against US and NATO members and non-supply/sharing technology with US/NATO adversaries. Pakistan can use them against anyone if needed to defend," Moon said.
Pakistan signed deals for procurement of F-16 before and after the 9/11 tragedy, however, there are no strings attached to the deal.
In 2005, Pakistan signed an agreement with the US for F-16 with no condition, however, the following deal bound Pakistan to take action against terrorists - without any mention of restriction to use against India.
The 'take action against terrorists' did not compel Pakistan to use the aircraft against terrorists only, contrary to the reports that emerged after the mid-air clash between Pakistan and India last week.
What's the Deal Prompting Outrage?
Solving the puzzle is a bit complicated, however, an upcoming potential deal serves as an answer.
If Washington successfully appeases India, there would be more dollars rolling for the US weapons complex and that's the reason as to why US embassy official said the government was looking into the matter and takes violations seriously.
PAF shoots down two Indian fighter jets inside ... 10:39 AM | 27 Feb, 2019
MUZAFFARABAD – Two Pakistan Air Force jets targeted two Indian warplanes in a dogfight and shot them down along the ...
What confirms the approval of usage of F-16 against India is that Pakistan received air to air missiles along with the procurement of F-16 in the latest shipment and such missiles can be used against Pakistan's eastern nighbour instead of terrorists.
In case, US tries to get closer to India for the above-mentioned deal, it can simply stop the sale of spare parts and further munitions-related to F-16s of Pakistan.
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021