Pakistan's positive economic indicators attracting investors: Dar
He stated this at a meeting with a delegation of Chinese private equity investors led by YauWai Ming, Chairman HaoTian Group Holdings Limited and Ms. Cheng Yan, Vice President China Huarong International Holdings Ltd, Hong Kong, which called on the Finance Minister Senator Ishaq Dar here this morning. Minister for Petroleum Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was also present on the occasion.
Finance Minister welcomed the delegation and appreciated the interest of Chinese investors in Pakistan.
He said that due to the strong economic fundamentals achieved by Pakistan during the last three years, international investors were taking keen interest in investment opportunities.
He said that the ongoing projects under China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) were stimulating further investment in infrastructure development in Pakistan.
The Minister emphasized that Pakistan and China had had strong collaboration in developing connectivity in the region.
Ms. Cheng Yan, the Vice President China Huarong International Holdings Limited, thanked the Finance Minister for his warm welcome.
She briefed the Minister that the delegation was interested in identifying investment opportunities in Pakistan in the fields of infrastructure, finance, petroleum and retail business and they had been preparing draft investment plans keeping in view the investment opportunities offered by his country.
YauWai Ming, Chairman Hao Tian Group Holdings Limited said that the delegation comprised large asset managers from China and they were interested to invest in Pakistan due to the macroeconomic stability and investment facilitative regime in the country.
The Finance Minister briefly discussed with the delegation the financial stability achieved by Pakistan during the last three years and steps taken to enhance ease of doing business.
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 9 to 12 classes to start from tomorrow; primary schools to reopen ...01:43 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021