Asif Ali Zardari indicted in Park Lane, Thatta Water Supply references
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court in the Pakistani capital has indicted former President Asif Ali Zardari in Park Lane and Thatta Water Supply references.
Accountability Court Judge Azam Khan heard the references on Monday. During the hearing, the PPP leader has pleaded not guilty in the cases.
The court has also indicted 19 accused in Park Lane and 15 accused in Thatta water supply references.
Earlier, accountability court had indicted Asif Ali Zardari, his sister Faryal Talpur and Omni Group Chairman Khawaja Anwar Majeed in mega money laundering reference.
Accountability court had rejected Asif Ali Zardari’s plea seeking acquittal in mega money laundering, Park Lane and Thatta water supply references.
While announcing the reserved verdict, the court had directed to indict the PPP leader in all three references. The ex-president cannot be acquitted in fake bank accounts case, judge Azam Khan remarked.
In December 2019, former president Asif Ali Zardari was released on medical grounds after an accountability court in Islamabad issued separate robkars [mandamuses] in the money laundering through fake bank accounts cases against him.
- WATCH - Kieron Pollard smashes six sixes in an over in T20 triumph ...01:50 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- California to give 40% of vaccine doses to vulnerable areas ...01:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: FG Polo, Diamond Paints, Master ...01:18 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- FBR officer arrested for 'running over' traffic cop in Lahore (VIDEO)12:55 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan Super League 2021 postponed after Covid-19 infections surface12:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021