Hindu doctor gunned down in Karachi
The victim was a doctor, police said. However, police have yet to determine the motive behind the incident.
The deceased, identified as Dr Pritam Lakhwani (56), was a general physician who ran a clinic near Bara Board in Pak Colony for the last 15 years, Express Tribune reported.
“The victim was returning home after shutting down his clinic as per routine when he came under attack,” the newspaper said while quoting Dr Pritam's young son Rakesh Kumar.
The victim’s son said that his father had no personal enmity nor had he received any threats.
An FIR No 144/16 on behalf of victim’s complaint against unidentified persons has been registered by the police and further investigation is under way.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021