Pillion riding banned in Karachi on Ashura
KARACHI – The Sindh Home Department imposed a ban on pillion riding in the provincial capital for the upcoming days of Muharram.
In a notification issued here on Thursday, the Home Department announced that a ban on pillion riding has been imposed as a partial modification of a notification, permitting two people riding a motorcycle, which was issued last Saturday.
According to the notification, the modified orders shall be applicable for the 8th, 9th, and 10th of Muharram.
“In continuation and partial modification of this department’s notification of even number dated, 28-7-2021, the ban on pillion riding for Karachi Division shall be for 8th, 9th and 10th Muharram 1443 A.H, 2021."
Copies of the notification, bearing the stamp of Additional Home Chief Secretary Qazi Shahid Pervez, were sent to the principal secretary to Sindh governor, principal secretary to Sindh CM, Pakistan Rangers Sindh's director-general, Sindh IGP, and other relevant sub-ordinate officials.
Sindh appoints Murtaza Wahab as new Karachi ... 09:06 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
Adviser to the chief minister of Sindh Barrister Murtaza Wahab has been appointed as the Karachi Metropolitan ...
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Police submit challan against Mufti Aziz in student abuse case11:58 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand cricket team’s decision leaves Pakistanis in shock and ...11:42 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021