Air chief Sohail Aman pays farewell call on Naval chief
Sohail Aman would retire on March 18 after holding in office for three years.
Upon arrival at Naval Headquarters, the chief of the air staff was received by CNS Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi. A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Navy clad in ceremonial dress presented him the Guard of Honour.
Sohail thanked Admiral Abbasi for his support and well wishes.
President Mamnoon Hussain is due to appoint the new air chief on the advice of Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. Following the passage of the 18th constitutional amendment, the prime minister had been given the powers to select all the services chiefs.
After Sohail Aman, the senior most officer is Vice Chief of Air Staff Farooq Habib. He is followed by Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Support) Mujahid Anwar. The other two officers in the seniority list are Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Personnel) Arshad Mehmood and Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Administration) Asim Zamir. All these four principal staff officers have also worked on other important posts in PAF in the past.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020