NAB’s fresh probe to include CM Punjab, Kulsoom Nawaz, Imran's aide
The inquiries were approved during the meeting chaired by the graft-buster's Chief retired Justice Javed Iqbal, at the bureau’s headquarters on Monday.
Three supplementary references against the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz' 'Quaid for life' relate to Flagship Investment, Azizia Steel Mills and Avenfield properties, already filed in an accountability court.
Kulsoom Nawaz, Hamza to face inquiry
The accountability watchdog okayed an inquiry against the owners of the Chaudhry Sugar Mills — including Nawaz Sharif, CM Punjab Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Shehbaz, Kulsoom Nawaz and Marriyum Nawaz — for owning assets beyond known sources of income.
A complaint regarding their involvement in suspicious transactions was received from the Financial Management Unit of State Bank of Pakistan.
A supplementary reference was also approved against former Finance Minister Ishaq Dar for owning assets beyond known sources of income.
Mr Dar, Anusha Rehman, and former Pakistan Telecommunication Authority chairman Ismail Shah are facing an inquiry for illegally awarding a Next Generation Mobile Services contract.
Imran's Aide Zulfi Bokhari
The accountability regulator also approved an inquiry against the owner of 15 companies named in the Panama Papers — Zulfikar Bukhari, the son of Wajid Bokhari (who is said to be a friend of PTI Chief Imran Khan and is accused of owning assets beyond known sources of income).
Inquiry Against CM Khattak
According to the communique issued, an inquiry will be conducted against Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervaiz Khattak, KP Chief Secretary Khalid Pervaiz and others for leasing out 275 acres of forest land in Malam Jabba to Siemens Group of Companies through abuse of authority and corruption.
The illegal leasing had inflicted damage to the national exchequer as per NAB. The meeting also approved an inquiry against KP officers who illegally allowed the PTI chief to use the provincial government’s helicopter.
Inquiry Against Panama-papers tainted tycoons
Moreover, Senator Usman Saifullah and others will also face inquiry for owning over 34 offshore companies identified in the Panama Papers.
Abdul Sattar Dero, the managing director of Port Qasim Authority, and others will also face an inquiry for the same reason.
A supplementary reference was also given go-ahead against the former director of the Lahore Development Authority, Ahad Cheema, and others accused of corruption and abuse of power.
An inquiry was approved against the management of Paragon City Private Limited as they are accused of swindling people.
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening on October 1309:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020