Dr Asim, five others indicted in Rs462 billion corruption case
According to the contents of charge-sheet, Dr Asim has been accused of causing a loss of Rs462 billion to the public exchequer while he was servings as federal Minister for Petroleum in PPP government.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has alleged that Hussain abused his position as petroleum minister to grant tenders to his favored bidders, which cause serious harm to public money.
He has also been charged for misinforming the Council of Common Interests (CCI) on matters related to natural gas. He was also allegedly involved in creating an artificial shortage of natural gas during the PPP government.
Dr Asim Hussain also used unfair means to obtain land from Karachi Development Authority for his Ziaduddin Trust Hospital in Karachi, NAB officials alleged in the charge-sheet submitted against him.
During proceeding at the court, Hussain requested the judge to also include his denial in the charge-sheet, which was accepted by the Anti-Corruption Court.
The case has been adjourned till next hearing on May 16.
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Police submit challan against Mufti Aziz in student abuse case11:58 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand cricket team’s decision leaves Pakistanis in shock and ...11:42 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021