Pakistan concerned by Bangladesh Court verdict on death sentence of JI leader
In a statement issued today, the Foreign Office (FO) said Pakistan has been following the reaction of the international community and human rights organizations to the controversial trials in Bangladesh related to the events of 1971.
It said there is a need for reconciliation in Bangladesh in accordance with the spirit of Tripartite Agreement of April 1974, which calls for a forward looking approach in matters relating to the events of 1971.
Meanwhile, the Punjab Assembly unanimously passed a resolution on Friday expressing concern over the rejection Motiur Rehman Nizami's review petition by the Bangladeshi Supreme Court.
The resolution was moved by the Parliamentary Leader of Jamaat e Islami in the Punjab Assembly, Dr. Waseem Akhtar.
The resolution urged the federal government to contact the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the United Nations to stay the implementation of the death penalty.
Bangladesh's Supreme Court upheld the death sentence of Motiur Rahman Nizami for war crimes yesterday.
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021