Pakistani products showcased at United Nations International Bazaar
Braving cold weather and intermittent rain, a large number of people visited the bazaar, which was organized by the UN Women’s Guild (UNWG) in collaboration with various permanent missions of the United Nations. The event featured cuisine from around the world as well as fine arts and handicrafts.
The wife of UN secretary-general, Ban Soon-taek, who is a patron of the Bazaar, visited the Pakistani stalls displaying dresses and other items.
She was greeted by Pakistan UN Ambassador Maleeha Lodhi. Mrs. Ban praised the quality and sophistication of the Pakistani products.
Meanwhile, the other stall — featuring biryani, chicken tikka and kebabs — attracted big crowds. The food was sold out in no time.
The money raised at the bazaar will be donated to UNHCR for the Syrian Refugees and to United Nations Women’s Guild administered projects to help children and women at different locations.
- OPPO, Pakistan Tourism ‘Discover the Face of Pakistan’ with the ...10:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Baby’s head removed from body as Pakistani woman gives birth at ...01:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Inzamam-ul-Haq in hospital after heart attack01:20 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Dr Zakir Naik takes to Facebook in search of wife for son12:12 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021