Maryam Nawaz released from Kot Lakhpat Jail against surety bonds in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case
LAHORE - An accountability court in Lahore has released Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) vice president Maryam Nawaz from Kot Lakhpat Jail against two surety bonds worth Rs10 million each on Wednesday.
According to media details, duty judge Amjad Nazir Chaudhry issued her ‘robkar’ (mandamus) after the surety bonds were submitted in the accountability court.
The jail authorities went to the hospital in Lahore to take Maryam’s signatures on release orders, from where she will accompany with her ailing father, Nawaz Sharif, who has been discharged from the hospital.
Maryam was expected to be released yesterday as the surety bonds were not submitted after court hours exceeded.
However, the registrar had asked her lawyer to proceed with the remaining work tomorrow (today).
On Nov 4, the LHC granted bail to Maryam Nawaz in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case.
Maryam had filed the plea on September 30 after she was arrested by the anti-graft watchdog under the accusation of owning the assets beyond known means on August 8. Following the deteriorating health of her father Nawaz Sharif, she submitted a filed a miscellaneous petition on October 24 requesting the court to grant her immediate bail on the humanitarian grounds.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019