Army as impartial institution has no role in politics: DG ISPR
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Army being an impartial institution has nothing to do with country’s politics, said Director General Inter-Services Public Relations Major General Asif Ghafoor on Wednesday.
Talking to a private news channel, the army’s spokesperson explained that the institution was too busy in dealing security matters, which don not allow it to take part any political activity.
He emphasized that ongoing Azadi March was a political activity, adding that Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rahman is a senior politician.
He clarified that army as an state institution acts upon the orders of the civilian government. Army participates in the election process when it is called by the government for security purpose, he said.
The DG ISPR said that even the army chief wished that the role of armed forces in the election should be minimized.
He highlighted that security forces were fighting for the case of Kashmir on the Line of Control (LOC) since the past 70 years, adding that there will be no compromise on it.
The Kartarpur Corridor, which has been set up for Sikh communit, has nothing to do with the Kashmir issue, he clarified.
- WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project10:45 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID-19: Over 5,100 died in US, global death toll rises to over ...10:03 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- CAA suspends international, domestic flights till April 1109:32 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 26 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,11008:28 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019