Army as impartial institution has no role in politics: DG ISPR
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Army being an impartial institution has nothing to do with country’s politics, said Director General Inter-Services Public Relations Major General Asif Ghafoor on Wednesday.
Talking to a private news channel, the army’s spokesperson explained that the institution was too busy in dealing security matters, which don not allow it to take part any political activity.
He emphasized that ongoing Azadi March was a political activity, adding that Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rahman is a senior politician.
He clarified that army as an state institution acts upon the orders of the civilian government. Army participates in the election process when it is called by the government for security purpose, he said.
The DG ISPR said that even the army chief wished that the role of armed forces in the election should be minimized.
He highlighted that security forces were fighting for the case of Kashmir on the Line of Control (LOC) since the past 70 years, adding that there will be no compromise on it.
The Kartarpur Corridor, which has been set up for Sikh communit, has nothing to do with the Kashmir issue, he clarified.
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019