Army as impartial institution has no role in politics: DG ISPR
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Army being an impartial institution has nothing to do with country’s politics, said Director General Inter-Services Public Relations Major General Asif Ghafoor on Wednesday.
Talking to a private news channel, the army’s spokesperson explained that the institution was too busy in dealing security matters, which don not allow it to take part any political activity.
He emphasized that ongoing Azadi March was a political activity, adding that Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rahman is a senior politician.
He clarified that army as an state institution acts upon the orders of the civilian government. Army participates in the election process when it is called by the government for security purpose, he said.
The DG ISPR said that even the army chief wished that the role of armed forces in the election should be minimized.
He highlighted that security forces were fighting for the case of Kashmir on the Line of Control (LOC) since the past 70 years, adding that there will be no compromise on it.
The Kartarpur Corridor, which has been set up for Sikh communit, has nothing to do with the Kashmir issue, he clarified.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019