Bill against rape, honour killings passed
The new law stipulates that relatives of the victim would only be able to pardon the killer of capital punishment, but they would still face a mandatory life sentence of twelve-and-a-half years.
In the anti-rape bill, a provision to conduct DNA tests on both the alleged victim and perpetrator has been added for the first time.
Rape of minors, as well as the mentally and physically ill, would become punishable by death.
Law Minister Zaid Hamid said that the perpetrator of the crime will also be medically examined after this bill is turned into law.
"The verdicts in the rape cases will have to be given within three months, with the right to appeal in six months," he added.
"The police station will be obliged to inform the victims of their legal rights," Hamid said, adding, "We have made it mandatory that the culprit must be imprisoned for 25 years."
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021