Legally constructed shop burnt to ashes amid LDA's anti-encroachment drive
The owner of the shop, Khan Electronics, said that his shop was neither illegal nor had it encroached, but the blunder by LDA officials caused him a loss of millions.
کیا یہ تبدیلی ہے؟؟ ایل ڈی اے کا غیر قانونی تجاوزات کو ہٹاتے ہوئے انتہائی سنگین غفلت، پختون بھائی کی کروڑوں روپے کی دکان کو آگ لگ گئیPosted by Daily Pakistan on Friday, October 5, 2018
The owner, hailing from Northwest province, expressed that the officials of LDA came here to remove encroachments with a crane and broke all the wires connected to the main WAPDA line for electric supply.
The businessman further said at that moment the electric supply was cut off by Wapda side but the moment the supply was resumed, a short circuit (due to open wires) ignited a fire which ruined his valuables in the shop.
Anti-encroachment drive launched across Lahore 11:16 AM | 2 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - In order to retrieve land from illegal occupants and land mafia, the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) on ...
The aggrieved businessman held LDA officials responsible for his loss because they did not put in place arrangements necessary for the operation after its completion.
The honor of the shop further said he voted Imran Khan for a change, adding that he wants compensation of his loss along with strict legal action against those who were behind the mismanagement.
One of the legal experts said that the whole responsibility lies on the shoulders of LDA which did not clear the area after the operation had ended.
He expressed that had there been all the relevant officials present on ground to see the ongoing operation with every department fulfilling its responsibility, the incident could have been avoided.
The mismanagement of Lahore Development Authority is being laid bare due to multiple incidents highlighting the inefficiency of the department.
Earlier, it was reported that an auction of 22 plots, which were earlier leased out to oil companies or petrol pumps, held by the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) could not attract a single bid due to unrealistic prices.
LDA’s unrealistic prices cause failure of ... 04:44 PM | 26 Sep, 2018
LAHORE - An auction of 22 plots, which were earlier leased out to oil companies or petrol pumps, held by the Lahore ...
The LDA held the auction of the plots, where fuel stations have been built by the previous owners, located at different prime points in Lahore, including Allama Iqbal Town, Jauhar Town, Gulberg III, New Garden Town,Garden Town (Extension) Sabzazar, Faisal Town, Model Town Extension, Township and Gulshan Ravi after retrieving them.
- Coronavirus claims 135 more lives in Pakistan09:10 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities speak up against Israeli brutalities in ...08:41 AM | 18 May, 2021
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021