Pakistan set to open first school for transgender community in Lahore
Named ‘The Gender Guardian’, the school offers a full 12 years of academic education from the primary level to matriculation, and then leading up to college.
The school was founded by Asif Shahzad and the Exploring Future Foundation. Asif told Dawn that about 15 faculty members (including three from the transgender community) will serve at the school initially.
Moreover, two other branches of the same institution will be opened in Karachi and Islamabad.
AIOU to deliver free education to transgenders 08:19 PM | 3 Oct, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has inaugurated a programme to deliver free education to ...
Reports suggest a total of 40 students have already taken up admission in the school. The school offers 12 years of education starting from the primary level to matriculation and then intermediate.
The Gender Guardian school will also offer technical courses including Graphic designing, Computer and mobile repairing, Beautician, Fashion designing and Hairstyling courses among others.
The formal opening ceremony will be held at Alhamra Hall in the Gaddafi Stadium Lahore on April 15.
- Chinese firm signs $50mn agreement for seafood export from Gwadar06:29 PM | 24 May, 2022
- LIVE: PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz addresses press conference in ...06:02 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic’s new bold photos set internet on fire04:40 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022