Pakistan set to open first school for transgender community in Lahore
Named ‘The Gender Guardian’, the school offers a full 12 years of academic education from the primary level to matriculation, and then leading up to college.
The school was founded by Asif Shahzad and the Exploring Future Foundation. Asif told Dawn that about 15 faculty members (including three from the transgender community) will serve at the school initially.
Moreover, two other branches of the same institution will be opened in Karachi and Islamabad.
AIOU to deliver free education to transgenders 08:19 PM | 3 Oct, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has inaugurated a programme to deliver free education to ...
Reports suggest a total of 40 students have already taken up admission in the school. The school offers 12 years of education starting from the primary level to matriculation and then intermediate.
The Gender Guardian school will also offer technical courses including Graphic designing, Computer and mobile repairing, Beautician, Fashion designing and Hairstyling courses among others.
The formal opening ceremony will be held at Alhamra Hall in the Gaddafi Stadium Lahore on April 15.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019