Ninth round of Pak-Iran political consultations held in Tehran
The ninth round of political consultations between the two countries was held in Tehran. Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry led the Pakistani delegation, whereas the Iranian side was led by Deputy Foreign Minister for Asia and Pacific Ebrahim Rahimpour, said a Foreign Office statement.
The two sides agreed on the need for enhancing cooperation between the two countries in the areas which were discussed during the consultation.
They also reviewed the regional situation as well as opportunities offered by enhanced connectivity for transit trade.
It was agreed that close cooperation was needed in countering extremism and terrorism, especially the threat posed by organisations such as Daesh/ISIS.
Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry also apprised his counterpart of the latest situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir.
Political consultations are a regular feature of bilateral relations between Pakistan and Iran. The last round of these consultations took place in Islamabad in October 2014.
- Pakistan joins Digital Cooperation Organisation as founding member11:58 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID-19 — Pakistan bans in-flight meal service on domestic flights11:39 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- BISE Lahore announces Inter Part-2 Exam Result – Here's how to check10:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020