Ninth round of Pak-Iran political consultations held in Tehran
The ninth round of political consultations between the two countries was held in Tehran. Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry led the Pakistani delegation, whereas the Iranian side was led by Deputy Foreign Minister for Asia and Pacific Ebrahim Rahimpour, said a Foreign Office statement.
The two sides agreed on the need for enhancing cooperation between the two countries in the areas which were discussed during the consultation.
They also reviewed the regional situation as well as opportunities offered by enhanced connectivity for transit trade.
It was agreed that close cooperation was needed in countering extremism and terrorism, especially the threat posed by organisations such as Daesh/ISIS.
Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry also apprised his counterpart of the latest situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir.
Political consultations are a regular feature of bilateral relations between Pakistan and Iran. The last round of these consultations took place in Islamabad in October 2014.
- American who enthused Bali was queer-friendly being deported11:50 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Netflix's big 4Q lifts video service above 200M subscribers11:24 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Two Levies personnel among eight killed after speeding bus turns ...11:05 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Joe Biden to sworn in as 46th US President today amid tight security10:45 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran to pay a day-long visit to South Waziristan today10:07 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Chinese children's performance on Sohni Dharti winning hearts in ...07:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Reema Khan receives Covid-19 vaccine in US (VIDEO)02:33 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- ‘Mashroob-e-Maghrib’ – Hareem Shah reveals the favourite drink ...03:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021