Islamic military alliance: NOC granted to Raheel Sharif after due process, says Khawaja Asif
ISLAMABAD - Former army chief General (retd) Raheel Sharif was granted a no-objection certificate (NOC) to head a Saudi-led military alliance after due process, said PML-N MNA Khawaja Asif on Tuesday.
Gen Raheel applied for an NOC and it was approved by MOD after due process... https://t.co/cdLMwYFrTi— Khawaja M. Asif (@KhawajaMAsif) August 7, 2018
His response came shortly after the Supreme Court was told that Gen (retd) Raheel Sharif had not obtained a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the cabinet before going to Saudi Arabia to head the 41-nation military alliance.
Attorney General Khalid Jawed Khan told the court as per the law, the NOC is issued by the federal government to government officers willing to join service in foreign lands.
The NOC is approved by the federal cabinet under government service rules, he said.
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Chohan roasts anchorperson Imran Khan for maligning CM Buzdar08:22 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020