Islamic military alliance: NOC granted to Raheel Sharif after due process, says Khawaja Asif
ISLAMABAD - Former army chief General (retd) Raheel Sharif was granted a no-objection certificate (NOC) to head a Saudi-led military alliance after due process, said PML-N MNA Khawaja Asif on Tuesday.
Gen Raheel applied for an NOC and it was approved by MOD after due process... https://t.co/cdLMwYFrTi— Khawaja M. Asif (@KhawajaMAsif) August 7, 2018
His response came shortly after the Supreme Court was told that Gen (retd) Raheel Sharif had not obtained a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the cabinet before going to Saudi Arabia to head the 41-nation military alliance.
Attorney General Khalid Jawed Khan told the court as per the law, the NOC is issued by the federal government to government officers willing to join service in foreign lands.
The NOC is approved by the federal cabinet under government service rules, he said.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAt visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019