US' Pompeo contacts Pak Army chief to advance bilateral ties
.@SecPompeo also spoke today w/ #Pakistan Chief of Army Staff Qamar Bajwa. They discussed advancing U.S.-Pakistani relations, the need for political reconciliation in #Afghanistan, and the importance of targeting all militant and terrorist groups in South Asia w/o distinction.— Ned Price (@StateDeptSpox) June 6, 2018
The spokesperson further said that other topics included “the need for political reconciliation in Afghanistan and the importance of targeting all militant and terrorist groups in South Asia without distinction”.
It is the first such high-level talks took place since both countries slapped travel restrictions on diplomats. Islamabad had slapped reciprocal limitations on United States diplomats in the country after President Donald Trump's administration took a harsh step.
Pakistan slaps restrictions on US diplomats in ... 12:20 PM | 11 May, 2018
WASHINGTON – As diplomatic tussle escalated following Trump administration’s travel restrictions on Pakistani ...
The tension between Pak-US relations escalated last year when Trump unveiled South Asia strategy, blaming Pakistan for providing safe havens to militants of banned outfits in the country.
- Biden approves $976m for Afghan refugees in US06:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- CricWick, Daraz partners to provide In-App Fantasy League for T20 ...04:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer’s father withdraws petition against ...04:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021