US' Pompeo contacts Pak Army chief to advance bilateral ties
.@SecPompeo also spoke today w/ #Pakistan Chief of Army Staff Qamar Bajwa. They discussed advancing U.S.-Pakistani relations, the need for political reconciliation in #Afghanistan, and the importance of targeting all militant and terrorist groups in South Asia w/o distinction.— Ned Price (@StateDeptSpox) June 6, 2018
The spokesperson further said that other topics included “the need for political reconciliation in Afghanistan and the importance of targeting all militant and terrorist groups in South Asia without distinction”.
It is the first such high-level talks took place since both countries slapped travel restrictions on diplomats. Islamabad had slapped reciprocal limitations on United States diplomats in the country after President Donald Trump's administration took a harsh step.
Pakistan slaps restrictions on US diplomats in ... 12:20 PM | 11 May, 2018
WASHINGTON – As diplomatic tussle escalated following Trump administration’s travel restrictions on Pakistani ...
The tension between Pak-US relations escalated last year when Trump unveiled South Asia strategy, blaming Pakistan for providing safe havens to militants of banned outfits in the country.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202111:11 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Punjab Governor Ch Sarwar criticises own govt for failing to ...11:04 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- BANvPAK – Pakistan beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets in first Test match10:38 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey steps down09:01 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021