Government bans sale of loose cigarettes across Pakistan
Vendors across the country will not be allowed to sell cigarettes from open packets from now on, as per the decision made by the cabinet.
“The ministry of national health had been striving to put a ban on the sale of loose cigarettes for the last two years,” a statement by the health ministry said.
In December 2016, the Senate’s Standing Committee on National Health Services, Regulation, and Coordination had recommended banning the sale of loose cigarettes by issuing a statutory regulatory order.
The committee further recommended banning the use of sheesha and several other tobacco items. The ministry said that strict measures need to be taken to control smoking in public/open areas.
- Over 23mn children to be vaccinated against polio in nationwide ...01:13 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to get 3.5mn doses of Chinese COVID vaccines in two days: ...10:49 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021