NA speaker issues production orders for detained PPP, PML-N leaders
ISLAMABAD - Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser on Thursday issued production orders of detained leaders of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party, allowing them to join a session of the National Assembly.
PPP leaders Asif Ali Zardari and Khurshid Shah and PML-N's lawmaker Khwaja Saad Rafique, who are in the custody of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) over corruption charges, will be released to attend the parliamentary proceedings, local media reported.
However, production orders for PML-N’s Rana Sanaullah and Shahid Khaqan Abbasi have not yet been issued by the speaker.
President Dr Arif Alvi on Monday summoned the session of the National Assembly on November 7 (Thursday) at 4 p.m at the Parliament House, according to a notification.
The president has summoned the session in exercise of powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 54 of the Constitution of Pakistan, said a press release issued by the National Assembly Secretariat.
- PM Imran warns world to take notice of India's ultranationalist ...12:51 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- FATF holds meeting in Paris to decide Pakistan’s fate today12:21 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Armeena Khan ties the knot with Fesl Khan on Valentine's day02:12 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019