NA speaker issues production orders for detained PPP, PML-N leaders
ISLAMABAD - Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser on Thursday issued production orders of detained leaders of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party, allowing them to join a session of the National Assembly.
PPP leaders Asif Ali Zardari and Khurshid Shah and PML-N's lawmaker Khwaja Saad Rafique, who are in the custody of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) over corruption charges, will be released to attend the parliamentary proceedings, local media reported.
However, production orders for PML-N’s Rana Sanaullah and Shahid Khaqan Abbasi have not yet been issued by the speaker.
President Dr Arif Alvi on Monday summoned the session of the National Assembly on November 7 (Thursday) at 4 p.m at the Parliament House, according to a notification.
The president has summoned the session in exercise of powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 54 of the Constitution of Pakistan, said a press release issued by the National Assembly Secretariat.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020