NA speaker issues production orders for detained PPP, PML-N leaders
ISLAMABAD - Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser on Thursday issued production orders of detained leaders of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party, allowing them to join a session of the National Assembly.
PPP leaders Asif Ali Zardari and Khurshid Shah and PML-N's lawmaker Khwaja Saad Rafique, who are in the custody of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) over corruption charges, will be released to attend the parliamentary proceedings, local media reported.
However, production orders for PML-N’s Rana Sanaullah and Shahid Khaqan Abbasi have not yet been issued by the speaker.
President Dr Arif Alvi on Monday summoned the session of the National Assembly on November 7 (Thursday) at 4 p.m at the Parliament House, according to a notification.
The president has summoned the session in exercise of powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 54 of the Constitution of Pakistan, said a press release issued by the National Assembly Secretariat.
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019