Leader of Pakistan's Christian community urges West to open doors for persecuted Pakistani Christians
Dr Nazir S. Bhatti has written to the leaders asking Pakistani Christian asylum seekers should be accommodated in EU, UK, USA and other European countries, reported news website, Christians in Pakistan.
Bhatti’s plea comes after the announcement from the UK to take in Syrian refugees, while Germany welcoming tens and thousands of refugees from Syria.
He has petitioned the leaders of UK, Germany, Holland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, Hungry, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and other EU member states to give refuge to Pakistani Christian asylum seekers by allowing them an easy entry in their countries.
"Thousands of Pakistani Christian asylum seekers are not economic immigrants but persecuted Christians who are not rich to pay huge amounts to human traffickers to reach shores of Europe," the letter reads.
“Pakistani Christian Asylum seekers are suffering in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand and other South Eastern Asian countries and waiting form years on their cases with UNHCR without any shelter provided by UNHCR, IRC and other International NGO and education for their children,” Bhatti said.
- Army, Rangers contingents to be deployed for security during NZ series12:29 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Transporters threaten strike as petrol hits record high11:29 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Schools reopen in Punjab, KPK as govt eases Covid restrictions10:52 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran shares what kind of Pak-US relations he looks for (VIDEO)10:23 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqi and Gohar Rasheed lock horns on Laapata’s viral ...05:40 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Mani unveils the secret to happily married life with Hira05:15 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah looks stunning in new car video04:00 PM | 15 Sep, 2021