Imran Khan along with staff evacuated after fire breaks out at PM Secretariat
Six fire tenders rushed to the PM Secretariat to extinguish the fire which, according to the police, erupted due to short circuit.
A large number of military troops also rushed to the building to beef up the security following the blaze.
PM Imran Khan, who was attending a meeting on the fifth floor when the fire started, was also evacuated safely.
Talking to reporters in Islamabad this afternoon, Prime Minister's Special Assistant on Media Affairs Yousaf Baig Mirza said no loss or damage has been reported. He said the cause of the fire is being ascertained.
According to the Prime Minister office, the fire probably was triggered by the short circuit. However, no person got injured in the incident. All documents also remained safe.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021