Imran Khan along with staff evacuated after fire breaks out at PM Secretariat
ISLAMABAD – A massive fire broke out at the sixth floor of Pakistan 's Prime Minister Secretariat on Monday noon, forcing the staff to vacate the building.
Six fire tenders rushed to the PM Secretariat to extinguish the fire which, according to the police, erupted due to short circuit.
A large number of military troops also rushed to the building to beef up the security following the blaze.
PM Imran Khan, who was attending a meeting on the fifth floor when the fire started, was also evacuated safely.
Talking to reporters in Islamabad this afternoon, Prime Minister's Special Assistant on Media Affairs Yousaf Baig Mirza said no loss or damage has been reported. He said the cause of the fire is being ascertained.
According to the Prime Minister office, the fire probably was triggered by the short circuit. However, no person got injured in the incident. All documents also remained safe.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019