Imran Khan accepts President Rouhani’s invitation to visit Iran
ISLAMABAD - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday invited Pakistan’s Prime Minister-designate ImranKhan for a formal visit to his country which the PM-elect has gladly accepted, according to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
Both leaders exchanged best wishes and love for the people of both neighbouring countries, it added.
President Rouhani said "Pakistan and Iran are not merely neighbouring countries but also bonded by religious and cultural values.
Last week, Khan conveyed to Tehran’s envoy Mehdi Honardoost, who paid him a visit at his Bani Gala residence that the country wanted to play a constructive and positive role between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Iranian Ambassador to Pakistan called on PM designate @ImranKhanPTI and senior leadership of PTI in Banigala to congratulate them on their victory in the elections, also discussed matters of mutual interest. #Pakistan #Iran #IranPakistan pic.twitter.com/xDQGP9dWXH— PTI (@PTIofficial) August 4, 2018
There has been a longstanding rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran with both sides on opposing sides of conflicts in the Middle East.
Honardoost told the former cricket legend that Tehran was ready to work with Islamabad in regional development and wanted to foster trade with Pakistan .
Earlier today, Acting US Ambassador John Hoover also called on Pakistan’s premier-in-waiting Imran Khan at his residence. He congratulated the PTI chief on his party’s victory in elections and discussed bilateral relations between the two countries.
Khan stressed that strengthening the bilateral relations based on trust was the need of the hour.
Imran Khan to leave for first crucial US visit ... 09:34 AM | 7 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, who is set to become prime minister, will be visiting the United ...
Reports in local media suggest Khan will be visiting the United States for first time as country’s premier in the next month after taking oath.
The incoming PM will attend 73rd United Nations General Assembly session in New York going to be held in the second week of September. He will also address the UNGA session to highlight Pakistan’s stance major issues, including grave human rights violations and Indian atrocities in the occupied Jammu and Kashmir, according to the reports.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019