Continued commitment of int’l community will help to resolve Kashmir dispute, says FM Qureshi
ISLAMABAD – While talking to the United States (US) Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on telephone, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that the continued commitment of the international community will help generate the necessary momentum towards resolution of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people and the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
In the telephonic conversation, he said India’s regressive policies in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir manifest with massive violations of basic human rights and fundamental freedoms, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Foreign Minister thanked him for the US participation in the debate in the UN Security Council on August 5, 2020 on the completion of one year of India’s unilateral and illegal actions in Kashmir.
He said the Security Council’s deliberations, once again, reaffirmed the disputed status of Jammu and Kashmir.
Referring to the holding of Loya Jirga, he expressed the hope that a conducive environment would be created for the earliest convening of the intra-Afghan negotiations.
Reviewing the recent developments in Afghanistan, Foreign Minister Qureshi reiterated Pakistan’s steadfast commitment to supporting all efforts for an inclusive and comprehensive political settlement.
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020