Sheikh Rasheed's statement about info minister shocks PTI
He tweeted, "I will be more than happy to vacate my position for Sheikh Rasheed sb and serve as MNA".
His response comes after the Awami Muslim League chief was heard speaking so to officials prior to formally addressing a presser in Lahore, revealing that he was offered the ministry of information by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
This point was much highlighted by local media, apparently referring to an internal conflict between the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and its ally.
I will be more than happy to vacate my position for Sheikh Rasheed sb and serve as MNA, we all use trust powers bestowed by people of Pakistan and PM decides who is best fit in the role, However, till I am minister ll not bow to blackmailing of Advertisement lobby— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) December 8, 2018
The information minister further said, "We all use trust powers bestowed by people of Pakistan and PM decides who is best fit in the role, However, till I am minister ll [will] not bow to blackmailing of Advertisement lobby".
Rasheed, during the press conference, said that he had four meetings with the premier a day before, besides claiming that Khan had asked him to join the information ministry.
“I am working day and night for railways; I have no more courage,” said the AML leader.
Referring to information minister ongoing London tour, Rasheed asserted, “He has been enjoying a picnic in London for eight days. I have asked him to return.”
"I was not desirous of the ministry. But if the prime minister changes my portfolio, I will be grateful to him," he replied to a question.
Following the response from the information minister, Rasheed came forward to clarify the situation, stating that Fawad is like his brother and he can never imagine of taking over his seat.
The railways minister maintained that the picnic statement was given on a lighter note.
Amid a stir in the political scenario, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Media Iftikhar Durrani said that the premier was satisfied with the performance of the information minister.
Rejecting the claims of conflict between Rasheed and Fawad, he said that both ministers are good friends.
Another Special Assistant to PM Naeem ul Haque rejected as baseless the rumours about getting a resignation from the information ministry.
He added that PM Imran will chair a meeting to review the performance of the ministeries on Monday.
He went on to say that three months are not enough to judge the performance of a minister.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, commenting on the hot stock, said that Fawad Hussain was performing his duty in a better way.
He also expressed his ignorance about the claims made by the railways minister in the press conference.
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Rachel Levine sworn in as first openly transgender four-star admiral ...01:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- SC decides to probe delay in local bodies’ restoration in Punjab01:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Owaisi, other Indian politicians demand cancellation of ...12:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Tarin returns to US as IMF talks headed in ‘right ...11:53 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021