SC bars trial court from hearing Tayyaba torture case
According to Geo News, Chief Justice Saqib Nisar said while hearing the case that the main suspect in the case Sessions Court judge Raja Khurram Ali could be a colleague of the magistrate who is hearing the case in the trial court. He added that the apex court will decide in 15 days whether the case will be transferred to the high court.
The Chief Justice remarked that the custody of child maid, Tayyabad was a main issue in the case. Tayyaba is currently residing in an orphanage following the orders of the court.
During the proceedings, lawyer Asma Jehangir said that sections of slavery and women trafficking had not been included in the case. Responding to a question, she said that the high court could intervene to include those charges in the case.
The 10-year-old tortured child maid Tayyaba was recovered from the sessions court judge’s residence in Islamabad early this year. The Supreme Court took suo moto notice of the case on media reports, and later transferred the case to the trial court.
- SC’s Justice Isa allowed to argue his case himself12:07 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- China to gift additional 0.5 million doses of coronavirus vaccine to ...11:43 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- What a delivery! Woman orders iPhone 12 Pro Max but receives Apple ...11:32 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan aims at vaccinating 70 million people against COVID-19 in ...11:31 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- First round matches decided in Hush Puppies Junior National Tennis11:19 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 'Darlings’ – Alia Bhatt collaborates with Shahrukh Khan for first ...07:06 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Mere Paas Tum Ho actor Rehmat Ajmal looks stunning on her Mayoun03:15 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Justin Bieber celebrates 27th birthday03:25 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021