Complete shutdown being observed today in Occupied Kashmir against Indian repressive measures
According to the Kashmir Media Service (KMS), call for the shutdown has been given by the Joint Resistance Leadership (JRL) comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik.
The JRL has also called for peaceful demonstrations after Juma prayers, today, to register protest against the stepped up Indian state terrorism in the territory.
Due to the shutdown, shops, public transport and other businesses remained closed across the valley.
The occupation authorities have imposed restrictions in several areas of Srinagar including Maisuma, Rainawari, Khanyar, Maharaj Gunj and Safa Kadal by deploying Indian troops and police personnel in strength to prevent people from staging anti-India demonstrations.
While Syed Ali Gilani continues to remain under house arrest at his Hyderpora residence since 2010, the authorities have also put Mirwaiz Umar Farooq under house detention at his Nigeen residence in Srinagar.
- Top Court rejects Sindh govt appeal, directs to release Omar Sheikh01:45 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Bank AL Habib's profit increases by 59.48 percent01:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- 'Look who’s talking' – Governor Sindh responds to 'dog enjoying ...01:26 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ADB approves $10bn for economic recovery of Pakistan12:53 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ‘Don’t lie to me’: India’s top cardiologist gets wife’s ...12:28 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021