Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon
ISLAMABAD – Ministry of Information and Broadcasting is going to launch Pakistan’s first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon amid rising number of internet and social media users.
Information Shibli Faraz, Focal Person to PM on Digital Media, Dr. Arslan Khalid and GM Digital Media Wing, Imran Ghazali called on Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday in Islamabad.
The minister apprised the prime minister about the Digital Media Advertising Policy, that is proposed by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting for approval of PM office, said an official statement.
The PM was briefed that there are currently 93 million internet users in Pakistan and over 45 million Social Media users and the number is continuously growing. Keeping in view the rising trend, mechanism for release of public sector advertisements on digital media has been proposed.
Currently, there is no mechanism in place for Digital Media Advertisement of Federal Government. This will be the first ever policy by Government of Pakistan that will enable it to advertise on Digital and Social Media Platforms through Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
وزیر اعظم عمران خان سے وفاقی وزیر اطلاعات شبلی فراز، وزیر اعظم عمران خان کے ڈیجیٹل میڈیا فوکل پرسن ڈاکٹر ارسلان خالد اور ڈیجیٹل میڈیا ونگ کے جنرل مینجر عمران غزالی کی ملاقات۔ pic.twitter.com/doec1eMjLY— Prime Minister's Office (@PakPMO) March 8, 2021
Pakistan’s Digital Media industry is rapidly growing, and this policy will enable the new digital platforms, and content creators and will over all help the economy of Pakistan. Recognition of Digital Media will encourage the corporate sector to adopt digital media as an advertising medium.
Dr. Arslan Khalid briefed the PM about Digital Media Development Program (PM’s DMDP). He said DMDP is a multifaceted program which focuses on the development and growth of the Digital Media Industry of Pakistan and extending digital literacy to the grass-root levels.
DMDP aims to bridge the gap between the students, Government of Pakistan and the Digital Media industry in order to move towards a brighter future in the Digital Media Ecosystem.
Imran Ghazali, also presented a 6 months performance report of Digital Media Wing. PM appreciated the Minister of Information & Broadcasting for steps taken by Ministry to strengthen the Digital Media industry of Pakistan.
- Curtain falls on Pakistan’s flood response centre12:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan resume at 80-2, need 263 more to win Rawalpindi Test10:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022