Non-bailable warrants issued for female anchor over Abidi's controversial interview
The court issued orders while hearing a case pertaining to anti-judiciary remarks given by Abidi during an interview on a web-based television channel.
The court has ordered the authorities to arrest Shanzay Rahman and produce her in court on November 20.
An investigation officer informed the court that the accused belongs to Karachi and search is underway to arrest her, adding that her cell phones are also switched off.
Three cases were registered against Faisal Raza for allegedly defaming the judiciary and using threatening language.
PPP leader Abidi arrested over contemptuous ... 12:38 PM | 10 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan People's Party (PPP) leader and former senator Faisal Raza Abidi was arrested on Wednesday outside ...
On October 10, the Secretariat police arrested the PPP leader after he appeared for the hearing of a contempt case against him in the apex court.
Islamabad High Court (IHC) had also rejected Faisal Raza Abidi’s plea to dismiss the contempt of court case lodged against him over ridiculing the judiciary.
- Pakistani cabinet approves Election Amendment Bill 2022 amid rising ...11:47 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Dominant Pakistan rout host Indonesia 13-0 at Asia Hockey Cup10:44 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022