Non-bailable warrants issued for female anchor over Abidi's controversial interview
The court issued orders while hearing a case pertaining to anti-judiciary remarks given by Abidi during an interview on a web-based television channel.
The court has ordered the authorities to arrest Shanzay Rahman and produce her in court on November 20.
An investigation officer informed the court that the accused belongs to Karachi and search is underway to arrest her, adding that her cell phones are also switched off.
Three cases were registered against Faisal Raza for allegedly defaming the judiciary and using threatening language.
PPP leader Abidi arrested over contemptuous ... 12:38 PM | 10 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan People's Party (PPP) leader and former senator Faisal Raza Abidi was arrested on Wednesday outside ...
On October 10, the Secretariat police arrested the PPP leader after he appeared for the hearing of a contempt case against him in the apex court.
Islamabad High Court (IHC) had also rejected Faisal Raza Abidi’s plea to dismiss the contempt of court case lodged against him over ridiculing the judiciary.
- Journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested by Chakwal police after released ...11:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan reports highest Covid-19 deaths in nearly four months10:30 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Two arrested in Karachi for sharing female govt officers names on ...10:02 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Soldier martyred in gun battle with terrorists in North Waziristan09:24 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s new video of getting body massage goes viral07:04 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022