PM Imran Khan inaugurates Kartarpur Corridor tomorrow
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate Kartarpur Corridor tomorrow (Saturday) to facilitate entry of Sikh pilgrims from India into Gurdwara Dera Sahib at Kartarpur in Narowal district of Pakistan.
The Corridor is being opened on the 550th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak Dev Ji beginning from Tuesday.
The landmark project initiated on the directives of Imran Khan as a peace-building measure for the region and to promote interfaith harmony is entirely funded and executed by Pakistan as a gift for Sikh community, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, as a mark of utmost facilitation, has waived off the condition of passport and the fee for pilgrims, who are visiting Pakistan, on the day of the inauguration of the corridor and Guru JI's birthday.
Initially, 5,000 yatrees (pilgrims) per day are expected to come from India.
Earlier, Pakistan, as a special gesture, has announced concessions on the auspicious occasion of 550th Birth Anniversary of BabaGuruNanak to facilitate pilgrims but India has refused to avail the facilities.
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020