PM Imran Khan inaugurates Kartarpur Corridor tomorrow
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate Kartarpur Corridor tomorrow (Saturday) to facilitate entry of Sikh pilgrims from India into Gurdwara Dera Sahib at Kartarpur in Narowal district of Pakistan .
The Corridor is being opened on the 550th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak Dev Ji beginning from Tuesday.
The landmark project initiated on the directives of Imran Khan as a peace-building measure for the region and to promote interfaith harmony is entirely funded and executed by Pakistan as a gift for Sikh community, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, as a mark of utmost facilitation, has waived off the condition of passport and the fee for pilgrims, who are visiting Pakistan , on the day of the inauguration of the corridor and Guru JI's birthday.
Initially, 5,000 yatrees (pilgrims) per day are expected to come from India .
Earlier, Pakistan , as a special gesture, has announced concessions on the auspicious occasion of 550th Birth Anniversary of BabaGuruNanak to facilitate pilgrims but India has refused to avail the facilities.
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019