Panama case: SC to hear Sharif family's review petition on Sept 12
A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Justice Aijaz Afzal, will hear the petitions on September 12. The other two members of the bench include Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed and Justice Aijazul Ahsan.
Three different review petitions were filed by Nawaz Sharif and one by his daughter, Maryam Nawaz.
In a landmark ruling, the SC on July 28 ordered Nawaz Sharif to step down as prime minister.
The SC judgement concluded Sharif had been 'dishonest' by not declaring in his nomination papers for the 2013 General Election ─ as required under Section 12(2)(f) of the Representation of the People Act (ROPA), 1976 ─ a salary of 10,000 dirhams receivable as chairman of the board of Dubai-based company Capital FZE owned by his son Hassan Nawaz.
Earlier on Friday, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) submitted four interim references against the Sharif family and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar before an accountability court in Islamabad.
Under tight security, cartons full of documents from the NAB regional offices were ushered into the Islamabad Accountability Court amid much media hype as the Supreme Court's deadline was to expire on September 8.
- PAF trainer aircraft crashes near Mardan, pilot martyred (VIDEO)01:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad today12:14 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021