GT Road closed for heavy traffic, emergency vehicles till August 11
The authorities have directed transporters to use the motorway as an alternate route to avoid the delay.
Public transport vehicles and rescue departments have also been directed to use another route till August 11 as the road could remain blocked due to the rally.
Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday started his journey from Islamabad to make his way back to home in Lahore in form of rally, which will passed from different cities along the GT Road.
Welcome camps have been set up in different towns to receive the former premier, who will also address public gatherings at different places, including Jehlum, Gujranwala and others.
On Tuesday, Punjab’s Information Minister Mujtaba Shujaur Rehman revealed that the rally will take three days to reach Lahore instead of a single day.
On the other hand, a close aide to Nawaz Sharif, Asif Kirmani said that they are unable to give a final time frame for this road show.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 05 December 202008:14 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020