DHA City scam: NAB to probe 'involvment' of Gen Kayani’s brother
The main accused, Hammad Arshad, has already been arrested while Kamran Kayani, the brother of former army chief General (r) Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, will be interrogated later in the 17 billion rupees scam.
The DHA City project was launched in 2009 primarily to accommodate and facilitate the families of “shuhada (martyrs), war wounded and soldiers of Pakistan armed forces by allotting them small size plots in recognition of their services for the country.”
Gen Kayani’s brother Kamran Kayani of Elysium Holding and Hammad Arshad of Globaco offered their services to facilitate DHA Lahore to carry out the project by acquiring land. However, they failed to deliver the plots to soldiers and families of shuhada and general public even after six years.
This prompted DHA to lodge a formal complaint against Kamran Kayani and Hammad Arshad with NAB.
According to DHA officials, the housing authority accepted the offer in good faith. However, Kamran and Hammad ‘played dirty’ and embezzled the hard earned money of the general public, they said.
NAB sources said the names of the concerned had been put on the Exit Control List and properties owned by them had been frozen.
The same group has also been involved in a corruption scandal in DHA Islamabad which NAB is investigating as well.
- Pakistan PM, Saudi crown prince vow to further solidify bilateral ties01:38 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- British Council partners with Koel Gallery on Art for Climate Change ...01:07 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Amazon suspends thousands of Pakistani sellers’ accounts12:47 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Mufti Taqi Usmani slams dancing performance at official Independence ...12:28 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan’s Covid-19 positivity ratio drops to 2.54%11:47 AM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Famed ‘Fiza-Shiza’ actor Kiran Tabier welcomes first child09:16 AM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly wins hearts with stunning photos in bridal outfit07:06 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Faiza Khan pays tribute to legendary Nazia Hassan with a sweet video09:41 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022