'Hunermand Pakistan': PM Imran launches country's largest ever skilled development programme
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has launched country’s largest ever skilled development programme ‘Hunermand Pakistan’ aimed at emancipation of youth through quality professional training.
The programme will be carried out in next four years, costing 30 billion rupees and will facilitate youth through easy loans, professional capacity-building, start-ups and internships.
Meanwhile, the premier, chairing a pre-launch meeting of ‘Hunermand Pakistan’ termed youth an asset of nation.
He said the programme would help youth get better job opportunities and contribute to national development.
In first phase, around 170,000 youth will be given professional skill-based training, of which 50,000 will be trained in areas of artificial intelligence, robotics, cloud computing and other advanced areas of technology.
Similarly, 50,000 youth will be given training at Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority in conventional areas including auto-mechanics, plumbing etc., whereas twenty thousand youth will be given apprenticeship.
Around 75 smart classrooms will be set up to ensure easy access to skill and professional education besides provision of such training at 70 seminaries.
The government also plans to establish five Centres of Excellence under the programme in collaboration with friendly countries.
- Imran Khan discusses role of digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Four Grade-17 officers dismissed over BISP corruption08:00 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019