ECP disqualifies PTI candidate for using COAS, CJ's pictures on his posters
Cheema had included pictures of Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nasir and Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa on his election posters.
The PTI candidate was contesting the election from PP-53 Gujranwala.
At an earlier hearing, Chief Election Commissioner Justice Sardar Muhammad Raza had asked Cheema why the army chief and chief justice’s pictures were on his election posters. “Are they your relatives?” the election commissioner had asked.
“What do the army chief and chief justice have to do with the elections?” he had asked the candidate.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021