Govt to curb smuggling, under-invoicing, abuse of ATT, says FBR Chairman
FAISALABAD - Chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Shabbar Zaidi has said the government is seriously considering steps to check smuggling, under-invoicing and abuse of Afghan transit trade agreement.
Addressing a ceremony in Faisalabad on Monday, he said these steps are important to help the local industry stand on its own feet, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said we have to go towards industrialization to generate job opportunities for the people.
The FBR chairman clarified that no new tax has been imposed in the new federal budget. He said sales tax registration has been automated.
Shabbar Zaidi said that tax returns for the year 2018-19 can be filed by 2nd of next month.
He said the government's assets declaration scheme received an encouraging response from across the country.
- NADRA DG sacked from post05:30 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- OPPO – Zoom into imagination now with a better price at the right ...05:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020