Govt to curb smuggling, under-invoicing, abuse of ATT, says FBR Chairman
FAISALABAD - Chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Shabbar Zaidi has said the government is seriously considering steps to check smuggling , under-invoicing and abuse of Afghan transit trade agreement.
Addressing a ceremony in Faisalabad on Monday, he said these steps are important to help the local industry stand on its own feet, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said we have to go towards industrialization to generate job opportunities for the people.
The FBR chairman clarified that no new tax has been imposed in the new federal budget. He said sales tax registration has been automated.
Shabbar Zaidi said that tax returns for the year 2018-19 can be filed by 2nd of next month.
He said the government's assets declaration scheme received an encouraging response from across the country.
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019