FIR registered against TLY chief Rizvi for 'unintentional murder' of infant
The Islamabad police have lodged an FIR following a complaint filed by the eight-month old infant's father, alleging that he could not take the child to the hospital, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims), last night timely due to a rally staged by the TLY and the Sunni Tehreek (ST) jointly.
The religious parties had held rally against government for not punishing those involved in altering the Khatm-i-Nabuwat declaration in nomination papers. The move had been revised by the government.
The FIR has been registered against Rizvi and other protesters under Section 322 of the Pakistan Penal Code, which describes the crime regarding qatl-bis-sabab (unintentional murder).
During the rally, the protesters managed to enter Islamabad and later occupy Faizabad Bridge as the local administration and police were following wait-and-watch policy.
According to officials, there were held several rounds of talk between authorities and protesters but they could not reach a point.
Later, the administration decided to seal the Red Zone except a road left open for officials' movement.
- PAKvWI – Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs in 2nd T20I11:55 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan ranks as world’s most affordable country to live in11:19 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Rizwan makes new world record by scoring highest T20I runs in a year10:35 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani minister slams India's Modi for leaving world at delta ...10:17 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021