Unfair accountability impedes development: Shehbaz on Iqbal Day
The chief minister offered Fateha, laid floral wreath and wrote his impression in the visitors book.
Talking to media, he expressed that development in a country could not be attained in the presence of unfair accountability system and corruption. His remarks follow the judgement of the Supreme Court in a review petition filed by the Sharif family against Panamagate verdict and proceedings of the accountability court against Sharifs.
He stressed a need to review the measures taken to weed out corruption, adding that everyone knew who is looting billions of rupees in wake of corruption.
Shehbaz said that poetry and philosophy of Iqbal still applicable in ongoing situation, adding that there is a need to follow him.
- Shehbaz Sharif lastly breaks silence on resignation rumours01:59 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Over 23mn children to be vaccinated against polio in nationwide ...01:13 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021