US congratulates Arif Alvi on swearing in as new president
State Department spokesperson Heather Nauret in a statement said the United States looks toward working with Pakistan to advance our shared interests, such as regional peace, stability, and prosperity.
The Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, administered the oath to him.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, outgoing president Mamnoon Hussain, Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani, Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser, federal ministers, governors, provincial chief ministers, army chief and other dignitaries attended the ceremony.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Saudi Information Minister Awwad Bin Saleh Al Awwad were also present on the occasion.
Dr Alvi was elected to the office of President after securing 353 votes from the country’s electoral college comprising both houses of the parliament and provincial assemblies in the presidential elections held on September 4.
Dr Arif Alvi sworn in as 13th president of ... 10:16 AM | 9 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Dr. Arif Alvi was sworn in as Pakistan’s 13th head of state in a ceremony held at Aiwan-e-Sadr in ...
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022