Bilawal inaugurates first coal power project in Tharparkar
The PPP chairperson was accompanied by Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, his cabinet colleagues, senior government officials and diplomats of various countries, including China.
The power plant has a capacity to generate 660 Megawatts and consists of two power generation units of 330 Megawatts each.
This project was completed under CPEC flagship public-private partnership of Government of Sindh in ten years’ time.
For this project, the Sindh government has given the sovereign guarantee of 700 million dollars.
According to a report by Bloomberg, the region can produce enough coal to generate 15 GW in 10 years. This cheap alternate to imported fuel can help the country overcome a chronic energy shortage that has been wiping off 2 percentage points from economic growth every year.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:26 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 20 May 202208:10 AM | 20 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:57 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Russia using new generation of lasers in Ukraine to burn up drones11:25 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore10:49 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022