Stampede during coronavirus relief fund distribution kills woman in Multan
MULTAN - A woman was reportedly dead and 20 others injured after a stampede occurred during distribution of coronavirus relief funds under the Ehsass Program in Multan.
The incident happened at Qasimpur centre. The injured have been shifted to a hospital for treatment while investigation is being made to trace the reason behind the stampede.
Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday said the transfer of cash to the needy in Pakistan on such a massive scale across the country was a great achievement of the present government.
“Today saw the launch of the biggest cash distribution by any government in Pakistan’s history, directly to the most vulnerable and needy citizens in our society,” the prime minister said in a tweet posted his social media account.
Referring to the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program, he added that Rs 144 billion would be distributed among 12 million families over the next two weeks.
Besides the pictures depicting distribution of emergency cash among the deserving at various points of the country, the prime minister in his tweet also posted a clip which showed a woman thanking the government for the much needed financial support.
- Coronavirus cases soar above 6 million worldwide11:28 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Latest pics of Nawaz Sharif, having coffee in London, take Twitter by ...09:57 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Pakistan makes face masks mandatory amid record daily deaths from ...09:07 PM | 30 May, 2020
- PAF officer, who died in PIA plane crash, laid to rest in Karachi08:19 PM | 30 May, 2020
- First Covid-19 death reported among KP nurses07:20 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020