Couple, who stole Rs9 million in Lahore arrested
LAHORE - A woman and her husband who stole Rs9 million from her employer has been arrested, Police said on Monday.
They were identified as Farzana and Babar. Only Rs4.3 million was recovered from them, the police added.
The incident took place in the city'sHarbanspura area where Farzana worked as a maid at the house of Asim Farhan. She stole the money with the help of her husband and fled.
After registering the case, the police nabbed the couple. The suspects have confessed to the crime and said they used the money to purchase a plot, furniture, and animals. The police expect to get more information from them after another round of interrogations.
- President Alvi passes Parents Protection Ordinance 202108:50 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan on top after Abid Ali hits maiden double ton08:00 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PM Imran and wife Bushra walk barefoot to Masjid-e-Nabwi (VIDEO)07:17 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Prime suspect in British-Pakistani woman's murder case surrenders to ...06:35 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Mahira Khan all set to hit Indian screens again04:39 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021