LHC issues stay order against conversion of Ishaq Dar’s residence into shelter home
LAHORE - Lahore High Court (LHC) has issued a stay order against government’s move to convert former Finance Minister Ishaq Dar’s residence into a shelter home.
According to media details, a petition was filed by Ishaq Dar’s wife, Tabassum Dar in LHC against the conversion of former finance minister residence into a shelter home. She took the plea in the petition Islamabad High Court (IHC) had issued a stay order against the auction of this residence of her husband.
Government of Punjab has converted this residence into shelter home illegally. This step by the Punjab government is alien to law and constitution.
She further contended that the Punjab government has violated IHC orders, adding that the government is subjecting PML-N leaders to political victimization. Therefore, the court should declare this move of Punjab government null and void.
The LHC has sought reply from Punjab government within 10 days with reference to petition from the wife of Ishaq Dar besides issuing stay orders against converting Ishaq Dar residence into shelter home by the provincial government.
It is pertinent to be mentioned here that government had announced to put Ishaq Dar residence Ajveri house to auction, however, the IHC had stopped the auction.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020