Pakistan to hold conference on Afghan refugees: FO
ISLAMABAD - A two-day International Conference to mark 40 years of Afghan Refugees' presence in Pakistan will be held in Islamabad on 17th and 18th of this month.
According to Foreign Office Spokesperson, Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate the conference.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Filippo Grandi, Ministers and senior officials from around twenty countries, who have been supporting the Afghan refugees across the globe and in Pakistan, will participate in the conference.
Senior level participation is also expected from United Nations, multilateral development banks, civil society and private sector.
The Conference will identify key developments and milestones in the 40 years long evolution of Afghan refugee situation, the Radio Pakistan reported.
It will also identify the challenges, and discuss solutions for voluntary and dignified repatriation of the refugees to Afghanistan.
- Iran hit by act of ‘nuclear terrorism,’ says atomic agency08:38 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket team celebrate Fakhar Zaman’s birthday (VIDEO)08:01 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Confident Pakistan aim for series lead over South Africa07:39 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PSL 6 to resume on June 1, announces PCB06:11 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani student’s documentary bags top prize at global ...03:31 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Jibran Nasir ties knot with Mansha Pasha in intimate ceremony03:22 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Katrina Kaif shares sun-kissed photos from quarantine02:05 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021