Former TTP commander's son among 10 terrorists killed in US drone strike
According to local media, Maulvi Faqir Mohammad’s son was among 10 terrorists who were killed in the drone strike at the Shegal area of Kunar border province of Afghanistan.
Maulvi Faqir Mohammad remained the deputy chief of the banned outfit under the leadership of former TTP chiefs, Baitullah Mehsud and Hakimullah Mehsud.
However, soon after the killing of Baitullah in a US drone attack in 2009, he along with his other relatives, had sought shelter near the border region.
Meanwhile, at least eight militants associated with the IS have reportedly died in another US drone strike in the Afghan province of Nangarhar on Sunday.
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021