Former TTP commander's son among 10 terrorists killed in US drone strike
According to local media, Maulvi Faqir Mohammad’s son was among 10 terrorists who were killed in the drone strike at the Shegal area of Kunar border province of Afghanistan.
Maulvi Faqir Mohammad remained the deputy chief of the banned outfit under the leadership of former TTP chiefs, Baitullah Mehsud and Hakimullah Mehsud.
However, soon after the killing of Baitullah in a US drone attack in 2009, he along with his other relatives, had sought shelter near the border region.
Meanwhile, at least eight militants associated with the IS have reportedly died in another US drone strike in the Afghan province of Nangarhar on Sunday.
- PCB allows Umar Akmal to resume club cricket from next month02:59 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Four Lahore girls, who went missing, say they ‘escape to get ...02:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- J.Rashid & Sons opens Pakistan’s first tyre flagship store in Lahore02:10 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021