PM Imran directs CM Buzdar to ensure every health facility for Nawaz's treatment
In a tweet from his personal account, the PM said that "The federal government will assist wherever required," adding that "I wish him good health."
I have asked the Punjab CM to ensure that every health facility in the country is made available for Nawaz Sharif to get the treatment of his choice. The federal govt will assist wherever required. I wish him good health.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) March 9, 2019
The PM statement came after the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PMLN) supremo Nawaz Sharif declined Punjab government's offer for the treatment and refused to be shifted to hospital despite insistence from his family members.
Earlier, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif also met his elder brother in jail where Nawaz told Shahbaz that doctors said that they cannot provide him with treatment as they do not have the mandate for it, adding that "I will not tolerate government's non-serious behaviour and further humiliation again."
Nawaz said that the government intended to make a mockery of him.
On Saturday, PML-N leader Khawaja Asif threatened that politics would turn violent if anything happens to former premier Nawaz Sharif.
He said that “Nawaz Sharif has never insisted on availing treatment abroad,” adding that “however, the option of sending him abroad for treatment could be considered upon his release from the prison on bail.
Sharif’s daughter and PMLN leader Mariyum Nawaz had also requested the concerned authorities to set up a medical emergency unit at the Kot Lakhpat jail for ailing Nawaz Sharif.
Just met MNS. Since he hasn’t agreed to be shifted to the hospital & his heart disease has worsened (according to cardiologists sent by the govt to examine him y’day), I request the Jail authorities to establish an immediate resuscitation and life saving unit on Jail premises.— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) March 8, 2019
Punjab CM Usman Buzdar, on the request of Maryam Nawaz on Twitter, directed the Punjab government to allocate a mobile cardiac unit for 24 hours for the Kot Lakhpat Jail.
CM Buzdar orders mobile cardiac unit in jail for ... 11:44 PM | 9 Mar, 2019
LAHORE - Spokesperson for CM Punjab Dr Shahbaz Gill has said that Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar,on the ...
The elder Sharif was sent to seven years behind bars in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference by the accountability court in Islamabad in December last year.
Nawaz Sharif was also convicted in the Avenfiled reference by the accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir, however, he was granted bail by the Islamabad High Court.
Sharif’s plea for bail on medical grounds in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference conviction was turned down by the Islamabad High Court last month following which he has moved the Supreme Court.
The three-time prime minister has been relocated between Kot Lakhpat Jail and hospital multiple times on the recommendation of the medical board.
He was moved back to the Kot Lakhpat jail from the Jinnah hospital a few weeks ago.
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022