OIC delegation visits Azad Jammu and Kashmir
He was accompanied by a high level delegation from the OIC Secretariat, Islamic Solidarity Fund (ISF), Islamic Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) and Islamic Development Bank (IDB).
The delegation supported the struggle of Kashmiri people for the right to self determination and assured that the OIC would continue to voice concerns over the blatant human rights violations in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK). The delegation also expressed willingness of the OIC in sponsoring further development projects in AJK.
The representatives of All Parties Hurriyat Conference also met the OIC delegation and apprised them about the wide-spread indignation of the Kashmiri people towards the Indian occupation of Kashmir. They stated that the recent spate of violence against Kashmiri civilians by the Indian security forces must be checked by the OIC through a concerted effort.
They also briefed the OIC delegation about the incident of April 12, 2016, in which a young Kashmiri girl was assaulted by the Indian army personnel in Handwara. Indian forces opened fire on a group of protesters, killing at least five and injuring dozens of others. The APHC leaders also presented a Memorandum to the OIC's Special Representative.
The delegation also visited the Line of Control at Chakothi. They were briefed about loss of civilian lives and property due to repeated firing by the Indian forces.
During its visit to Pakistan, the OIC delegation will also call on the President of Pakistan, the Advisor to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, the Minister for Kashmir Affairs & Gilgit-Baltistan and the Chairman and the Members of the Special Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir.
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022